My Favorite Content Marketing Video: Jeff Julian
Welcome back to our series, My Favorite Content Marketing Video, where we’ve cornered the top industry experts and forced them to pick one video that screams “AWESOME” content marketing.
This week, Jeff Julian (a.k.a. Mr. Agile Marketing) made my job easy. Not only did he pick an amazing video produced by our good friend and advisor, Robert Rose, but he also went into detail about why this video is so valuable to him. Take it away Jeff!
Jeff’s Favorite Video: Robert Rose’s Content Marketing Spectrum
“I love this video because it helped me come to grips with the idea that content marketing is not clean cut. Listening to Robert Rose explain and demonstrate with examples, how the lines blend between content marketing, custom publishing, and native advertising, allows me to align the tactics within my content strategy into the right categories.
Why is this important? If you stop falling for the “____ marketing is dead” cries from the community, you will begin to understand there is a time, place, and audience for all forms of marketing. With this awareness and if your focus is on content marketing, you can start to understand the strategies used within this spectrum and what the characteristics, risks, and measurements are required to deploy them with the highest chance of success.
The 2017 B2B Research from CMI and MarketingProfs still exposes our biggest issue. Our practitioners do not place value in strategic planning and equipping their teams for success. We need more videos like this one from Robert to help all of us comprehend there is a difference and believe in the benefits of planning.
At the end of each post, we’ll provide a recap list of all videos in the series.
- Series Intro & Brody Dorland’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Jay Baer’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Ahava Leibtag’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Andy Crestodina’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- A Video from AT&T & Teen Vogue that could save your life
- Joe Pulizzi’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Michael Brenner’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Paul Roetzer’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Nick Westergaard’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Robert Rose’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- AJ Huisman’s Favorite Content Marketing Video
- Cathy McPhillips Favorite Content Marketing Video
A new favorite video post will be published every Friday until we run out of video submissions. If you’re reading this and have a favorite video that we should consider for the series, please submit it via our contact form and tell us why it was so valuable to you.